The Bigston Difference
Thirty-five years of experience, flexibility, and technical expertise combine to provide a single source solution to your refurbishment, consumer returns, customer service, exchange, fulfillment and assembly requirements. Reverse logistics is our core business so you can be confident that our solutions will be practical and cost-effective.
Who We Are
- A privately held U.S. Corporation
- Bigston is certified as a minority owned and controlled business
- An American company with a Japanese heritage of quality and service
- A licensed Maquiladora in Reynosa, Mexico
What We Do
- Third party service provider for the electronics industry
- Customer service and depot repair
- Refurbishment services
- Recall and retrofit operations
- Parts Depot
- Consumer returns and exchange services
- Electronics assembly
The Bigston Advantage
As an experienced third party service provider (3PSP) to the consumer electronics industry, Bigston Corporation prides itself on being knowledgeable, flexible, and responsive to customer needs. Bigston senior management is readily available for quick decision making and easily adapts to changing needs.
Our newest facility, a licensed Maquiladora in Reynosa, Mexico provides pricing, speed to market, and high volume capabilities to better meet today's customer needs.
We believe that when making decisions and taking action in daily life, we should resort to the criterion of "What is universally right as a human being" and not the criterion of "What best suits our own convenience." We practice the Six Endeavors and Twelve Management Principles in our daily work and believe long-term success comes from mutual respect, understanding, and trust between us and our customers.
The Six Endeavors
- Work harder than anyone else.
- Be humble, not arrogant. (Don't let your success go to your head.)
- Reflect upon your motives. (Determine if your motives are pure. If not, change them.)
- Appreciate your life.
- Do good for others.
- Don't dwell on the past.
Amoeba Management System
Amoeba Management is a method specifically developed to realize the corporate philosophy of the Kyocera Group. Under the system, the company organization is divided into small groups called amoebas, which operate on a self-supporting basis.
We believe that employees' enhanced sense of participation in management and motivation engendered by Amoeba Management constitutes the source of Bigston's strength. The small group system also serves to clarify the responsibilities of each member of the group, secure transparency in every detail, and enable a thorough check of efficiency.
The Twelve Management Principles
- Clearly state the purpose and mission of your business.
Set high objectives which are noble, just and fair.
- Set specific goals.
Once targets are set, share them with all employees.
- Keep a passionate desire in your heart.
Your desire must be strong and persistent, in order to penetrate into your subconscious mind.
- Strive harder than anyone else.
Work steadily and diligently, one step at a time, never relenting in tedious tasks.
- Maximize revenues and minimize expenses.
Measure your inflow and control your outflow; don't chase profits, rather let them follow your efforts.
- Make pricing management's responsibility.
It is top management's responsibility to find that one point where customers are happy and the company is most profitable.
- Exercise willpower to ensure success.
Business management requires a persistent, "rock-piercing" will.
- Possess a fighting spirit.
Management requires a more combative mentality than any martial art.
- Face every challenge with courage.
Be fair and never deceive others.
- Always be creative in your work.
Innovate and improve continuously. Today should be better than yesterday; tomorrow better than today.
- Be kind and sincere.
Business is based on partnerships and must bring happiness to all parties.
- Always be cheerful and positive.
Hold great dreams and hopes in the pureness of your heart.